Friday, May 12, 2017

A Day Just Made for a Walk in the Woods


Friday, 12 May, 2017:

And the countdown continues, only . . .

. . . more days until . . .

. . . I see my bride again

The Big Deal of the Day occurred at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California where our son Michael was attending a Commencement Ceremony.

Michael Contreras
Masters Degree in Education

Thanks to the internet, I got to
see Michael go through the line
LIVE even though I'm in Sweden!
You will something like
Google Chrome to view this video

Congratulations Michael!

Laurie and I are so very proud of both of our sons!

Meanwhile, back on the Continent . . .

I opted for a day that included
lots of walking in our nearby woods

It was a good day for it

Tranquil

How old is this bird feeder?

Industry in the distance

A good lunch was found that-a-way at Thomas Kök och Catering.

An ancient Viking rune stone

Look hard and you can see the Viking carvings on this stone that are further highlighted in red paint.

A modern Viking rune stone

Spray paint grafitti just doesn't do it for me.

A Viking burial hill

One of Upplands-Väsby's
signature high-rises

I miss the grandchildren

 Pastoral setting

 That bench looks like a
good place to sit and read

Finally, it was time for another Wäsby Warriors U15 practice.

 Warming up over the agility bags

We had 16 U15s suited out tonight, by far the best turnout in my two weeks here.

Shuffling

Pursuit Drill

Tackling Drill

 Form angle tackling

Our players work hard tonight, hopefully we'll have another good practice next Tuesday too.

Another solid effort
walking for exercise today

Again, . . .

CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL!

No comments: