Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Cocido Madrileño and Another Sensational Osos Practice


Wednesday, 26 October, 2016:

It was sunny today for the first time in about a week so I decided to travel light on my walk into Arganda del Rey's old town.

I've into town so often that
I must have finished at least
a stage of the Camino

Armanda del Rey was still
sleeping as I entered

 The end of a good lunch at
La Tertulia

Maricarmen, the owner and head cook at La Tertulia, told me that I had to eat her special of the day, Cocido Madrileño.

What is Cocido Madrileño you ask? Well let me tell you.

Cocido Madrileño is a traditional Winter dish that is now eaten at all times of the year. It starts with a bowl of delicious clad/soup and half a baguette of warm bread. Then comes a helping plate piled high with garbanzo beans, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, morcillo, chorizo, pork and chicken.

Add a glass of vino tinto and a flan and you know instantly that you have had a hearty, food coma inducing meal.

It was good! 

Nice theater poster
at the public library

Armanda del Rey's best panaderia

Truth be told, I bought a lot of
good looking desserts to take
home to Jesús, Bere and the girls

Once home, I passed out in the promised food coma.

I slept well.

Osos Juniors Inside Run Drill

They are a work in progress and they are getting better daily.

 Checking out the Osos equipment
room between practices

 Minor Osos Toiling

We had another sensational night, I am so blessed to be working with coachable linemen.

I was especially happy with the
work of Turco our left tackle

 Guadalajara practice tomorrow
night 9:15 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

I can't wait!

The COUNTDOWN now stands at . . .

. . . more days until Laurie
invades the Iberian Peninsula

No comments: