Friday, July 1, 2016

A LONG Day of Travel


Friday, July 1, 2016:

After 66 days coaching and living in Sweden, it was finally time to go home to California.

Aiki Parts and Lotta Douhan

Lotta was nice enough as usual in offering to drive me at 7:15 a.m. to the Arlanda Airport in plenty of time to catch my 9:55 a.m. SAS flight to Los Angeles.

Aiki came along with us to keep us company.

Every EuroBall team should have people who work as hard as these to do in their constant drive to make American football a better product in every way.

Tack så mycket, ladies!!!

At Arlanda, checking in my bag, going through Security and Customs were all a breeze.

My check in bag weighed in at a ripe 22.05 kilos, easily under the allowable 23 kilo limit. Fortunately, nobody asked to weigh my carry-on bag that weighed a robust 19.4 kilos.

Net effect, everything that I packed arrived in California safely.

That's my route and . . .

. . . that's my gate

We departed on time and even landed 25 minutes earlier than scheduled! The total flight time was now a mere 11 hours and 55 minutes.

At LAX, the lines were short and I was out on the street fairly quickly.

Jacob was at the Los Angeles
International Airport (LAX) early

Back Home!

I was in full Poppo mode
almost instantly

Jacob had a lot of private issues
that he wanted to discuss

At my Mother's home,
a battle was raging 

Many died in combat 

Jacob seemed to like his
new Team Sweden jersey 

Breakfast in the Stockholm area,
Dinner at Camarillo Cronies

Again, THANKS to everyone in Sweden who helped make my stay a fruitful one and THANKS to Laurie, Mike and Jacob for picking me up at LAX!

Finally, THANKS to my Mother for making us a great Welcome Home lunch as well.

I'm going to bed.

No comments: