Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Little of This, a Little of That, Wednesday


Wednesday, 4 March, 2015:

The weather in Murcia the last few days has been great!

Temperatures have been in the 80s, high 20s Celsius, with lots of sunshine obviously and few clouds, real chamber of commerce weather to be sure.

Still, the calendar says it is the first week of March and still Winter as well. Thus, many, Murcians are still seen walking around la ciudad wearing heavy coats, scarves and hats made of wool.

COÑO, IT IS WINTER, DRESS PROPERLY!!!

I got lots of funny looks as I walked about town without a coat the last two days. Today I wore shorts on my stroll into El Centro and got some perplexed looks from people in the barrio.

I started the morning by doing a load of laundry and visiting the local panaderia for a few loaves of fresh baked bread before strolling to our nearby Carrefour Super Mercado for supplies.

Johnny Lettuce?

I had a student who was a nice young man at Rio Mesa H.S. back in the early 1990s named Juan Lechuga.

Say, you don't suppose . . . 

Bacon Bridge is to the left

The Feminine Mind

A tough read in any language, I think.

They have a Foie Gras section
at the Carrefour

I bought this goose foie gras, not as strong as duck foie gras but sweeter. The goose foie gras is much more tasty in my opinion.

Carrefour carries Lauries favorite shampoo

WE'RE SAVED!!!

Marina is my excellent barber who
works nearby at Toni Abellán Estilistas

I was overdue for a haircut and wanted to look good for Laurie's arrival next week. The fact that Marina thoroughly shampoos all six of my cranial hairs before starting always fascinates me. 

Four more regular season games
means that it was time to paint
four more Game Hammers

The big news tonight was the arrival of the helmet and shoulder pad replacement parts the Erik Peterson had sent us.

For example, he newer top pad
replaced the much older lower pad

WOW!!!

By the end of the Junior practice we had been able to use the donated parts to refurbish these ten helmets and six shoulder pads. All of these helmets and shoulder pads had previously been unusable due to all sorts of missing parts.

For the first time all season, we can now outfit all of the Junior players without having to borrow gear from the Seniors or injured Juniors.

Poco a poco, PROGRESS!!!

Reading Is FUNdamental




It was a manly book.

Reading this book while living in España just seemed like a good idea.

Everything about the Spanish Civil War (1936-39) is of interest to me, it was a fascinating and tragic four years.

And then there were the subsequent 35 years of the hard core Franco dictatorship . . .


More days . . .

. . . until Spain's economy improves
DRASTICALLY!!!

No comments: