Saturday, February 7, 2015

Chilly Pre-Game Saturday


Saturday, 7 February, 2015:

Up early today to do a load of laundry and some more, never-ending, house cleaning.

After being all cooped up yesterday waiting for the first of four boxes of donated, used American football gear to be delivered to La Hacienda, I needed to get out a bit to simply hit the Biblioteca Regional and exchange a couple of borrowed DVDs for two vintage Basil Rathbone epics in his trademark role of Sherlock Holmes.

I may have seen them before.

I was a bit apprehensive about leaving La Hacienda but since all of the Cobras agreed that the Spanish Correos does not deliver on Saturdays or Sundays, I felt good about going out for an hour or two.

Among the the things I spied today were . . .

An Angry Mob Forming

Tonight at 6:00 p.m., there will be an opportunity for all loyal Real Murcia soccer fans to gather and voice their displeasure with the team's ownership and the perceived downward direction that they are taking the ciudad's beloved squad.

Fiery torches and pitchforks are optional but recommended.

"FUERA SAMPER!!!"

I always wondered what happened
to him after filming "The Dirty Dozen"

A hair cutting and styling shop in Murcia, who would have guessed.

Correos DOES deliver on Saturdays

Damn.

I missed them by about 30 minutes and apparently, they had two boxes to deliver!

I believe that now I have to go to the post office to pick them up. Armed with only my bus pass for transportation, this will make for a busy Monday, one box at a time.

Double Damn.

On a good/bad note, I tend to be out of La Hacienda at dinner time but not this evening. I started to take out the trash when my olfactory senses were overpowered by the delicious aromas wafting through the hallways from several chefs in the neighboring apartments preparing their Saturday night cenas.

It was magical.

Fortunately, I am joining some Cobras for a cena of our own at a restaurant to be named later before loading the bus for the . . .

Zaragoza Road Trip!!!

It is only 700 miles round trip to Zaragoza for Sunday's game between your Murcia Cobras (0-1) and the Zaragoza Hornets (0-1). This will seem easy after our previous 1,000 mile round trip opening game in Santurtzi near Bilbao.

The bus leaves Murcia at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday which should put us in the Zaragoza suburb of Villanueva de Gallego at approximately 10:00 a.m. for the game which kicks off at noon.

We should be able to get on the road at about 4:00 p.m. for the return drive thus arriving in Mucia at about 11:00 p.m.

Full day.

More days and counting . . .

No comments: