Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rio Mesa Baseball Team's Golf Tournament


FEBRUARY 2, 2010

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!
Love you Laurie!!!

Today was also the day of the 10th Annual Rio Mesa H.S. baseball team's Golf Tournament fund raiser at the Moorpark Country Club. It is always a key event in my busy social schedule!

The Check-In was fast and pain free

Raffle Prizes Galore!

As usual, I came away empty #@&%$#* handed!

Warming up on the range

My philosophy on the range is a simple one . . . I only have so many swings left in my body, so why waste them on the range? I'm saving all my swings for live action!!!

The nervous anticipation

Getting ready to load the carts and tee off, everyone is trying to think of a great way to justify the scores that we will be turning in to the Pro Shop in about five hours.

A beautiful day, a marvelous course and even a roadrunner in our fairway!

Brian FitzGerald Teeing Off

Bob Gregorchuk smashing one home!

Bob played the best I've ever seen him play.

I had to take a few rips myself of course.

Our Threesome with the MCC in the background

Bob, Brian and myself carded a Team Score of 4 over par 76 which for our three skill levels was GREAT!!!

Unfortunately the winning team was 23 under par for the round . . .
YIKES!!!

Note the pencil above the scorecard

The subtle sign of a quality golf course is the eraser on their pencils.

The Moorpark Country Club is a fine place to play golf indeed!

Post Tournament Dinner

Tri-Tip Steak and delicious chicken were the two main dishes. A fine meal, friendship and a few adult beverages made for a great finish to another good day.

Meanwhille in Hässleholm . . .

When I got home from the Golf Tournament, I checked my e-mail and found a message from Hurricane offensive lineman, Frank Hilgers. It included pictures of Hässleholm's Groundhog Day weather.

I better pack a second sweater.

A good day to stay indoors and enjoy some
LUTFISK!

No comments: