Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer is Here!



The very first night that I arrived in Catania back on January 5, 2008, Gustavo took me to meet about 5 other players for the first time at the Pizzeria Jonica in Aci Castello. It was a relatively brisk evening, we sat in the back room and I had my first taste of excellent Siclian pizza. It was at this meal that I saw french fries on a pizza, strange but something I would myself order later in my Sicilian travels.

What back room?

As you have probably surmised from all the beach pictures this week, it is heating up along the eastern seaboard of Sicily. The last two days have also given rise to the start of the joys of Italian humidity. The nights are warm, so now Pizzeria Jonica has moved all there tables to the park across the small street from their doors. It made for a delightful dining experience and I think the gorgonzola actually tasted better under the stars!

Is there anything better than an ice cold Fanta on a night like this?

No comments: