Thursday, May 22, 2008

Giardini Naxos


Thursday was a beautiful day at Malibu so we decided that after an early morning video study of Sunday's opponent, the Parma Panthers, we deserved some time at the beach.

We packed the Nissan and headed 30 minutes north to a new beach, Giardini Naxos, which sits on the bay just south of the resort city of Taormina.

EN FUEGO!!!

This is the beach at Gardini Naxos. Taormina is on the hillside behind me and we have a cruise ship joining us for the day.

I felt that Sicily was ready for my best board shorts so I brought them with me when I returned from Camarillo on Tuesday. What do you think Claudio?

Division of Labor

We have noticed that in Sicily their is a definite division of labor based on area of origin.

The people from Morocco and Tunisia have the monopoly on cleaning windshields and selling kleenex at major intersections.

The people from central African countries monopolize the sales of CD's, knock-off purses, belts and leather jackets.

Chinese women, like Linda above, dominate the " 5-euro-massage-at-the-beach" market. After all, It IS an Olympic year and the games ARE in Beijing, I HAD to support the cause...no?

Johnson Sighting

Jason and Christie took advantage of the crystal clear Ionian Sea.

The beach at Giardini Naxos at the end of another day.

Practice

We still have a game to play so we had a very solid practice at 8:00 p.m. tonight.

Coach Matteo Belfiore got me in a good mood for football by wearing a sweatshirt from my beloved Delaware Blue Hens!

No comments: