Friday, February 22, 2008

The Blues


Italian Wall Signs
Many of the local establishments have signs hand painted on their walls announcing there business to the passerby like this tratorria.

This is not my barber shop but they have a better sign than mine does.

A local bakery, sorry for the shadows but I saw this on my early morning WALK a few days ago. Yes, physical fitness IS part of my regimen.

LAURIE IN ROMA: Six more days, isn't that less than one week?

Talked with Laurie today about our phone bill that just arrived, I am now officially incommunicato!

Today was a big wash day at Malibu, both mine and the boys at The Dorm. It's been raining off and on so between the over two hour wash cycles, the wet weather and limited clothes line space, it has been slow going today. I've still got about two or three more loads to go for Brandon and Matt. I can't believe I'm writing about laundry!

While being the domestic goddess that I have become, IU watched an Italian TV show ala The Today Show. They had a group playing music to wrap up the show and they were quite good. Still, it was somewhat strange to hear Blue Grass music sung in Italian.

Brandon came over to Malibu in the afternoon and we had a great talk for a couple of hours over a nice bottle of red wine he brought with him.

On the way in to the office we stopped for a great pasta meal at Menza's that included a great new dessert, raviola. Now I've had it a few other times and it was O.K. At Menza's they take it to a whole new level. Raviola looks like a calzone but the warm dough has the consistency of a great sugar doughnut. It does have sugar sprinkled on top and warm ricotta cheese stuffed inside.

The nearby church just started it's bells peeling "Ave Maria" to mark the hour, COOL!

Back in the car after dinner, I got hold of a local radio station that was having a Blues hour, all in Italian of course. Different but I liked the beat.

Not much else to report today, Matt and Jason arrive back from Roma at 10:00 a.m. Saturday and practice at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon. Our first game is still SO FAR AWAY!

No comments: